Resistance Corrosion Meter is a portable measuring device that is used to determine corrosion losses and corrosion rates of metals in industrial installations using resistive corrosion metering technique.
The method consists in equipping the monitored objects with properly selected resistive sensors which, as a result of corrosion processes, gradually increase their electrical resistance. Tracking changes in resistance over time enables precise determination of corrosion progress.
The measurements are carried out in a comparative system, i.e. it measures the resistance increase of the corrosive element (Rc), exposed to the aggressive environmental action, relative to the resistance of the reference element (Rr) protected against such interaction. The device is intended for both field measurements and laboratory conditions. In particular, the functions of the device allow monitoring the corrosion hazard and the effectiveness of cathodic protection of underground steel structures, such as pipelines, tanks and other industrial facilities.
The microprocessor-controlled portable corrosion meter ATLAS 1001 COR is an autonomous meter that enables the user to carry out a measurement session programmed by the user. It includes:
- testing and auto-calibration of the device before making measurements,
- selection of the type of corrosion sensor from among registered domestic and foreign sensors or defining and entering a new sensor in the register,
- high accuracy series of resistance measurements of the corroding element (Rc) and reference (Rr) of the connected sensor,
- mathematical analysis of a series of measurement results and determination of average resistance values Rc and Rr, the ratio of both resistances and standard deviation,
- presentation of measurement results with the possibility of writing to the internal memory of the corrosion meter,
- calculation of corrosion loss in μm and corrosion rate in μm/year,
- deleting the last saved data,
- browsing of previously registered results with the possibility to calculate corrosion losses and corrosion rates,
- setting device operation parameters in advanced mode.